3 Natural Ways to Remove Makeup
One of the favorite things about evenings is to finally removing makeup and letting the skin breathe. Makeup remover is a must have product if you wear makeup but assuming we all know that.
Lets talk about the ways to remove makeup. Instead of store-bought makeup removers that contain chemicals which can eventually harm your skin (also unfriendly to the environment) it's always better to switch to a natural product for a much less cost.
Skin absorbs coconut oil like MAGIC. Coconut oil properties like low molecular weight and beneficial fatty acids repairs the skin. Coconut oil restores moisture and natural oils for the skin.
Coconut oil should be organic, unrefined, cold-pressed because it will have less toxins in the process. We listed some of the amazing benefits for you here
- Coconut oil antibacterial properties help combat breakouts
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties that help in killing bacteria on the skin, which keeps away the infections and inflammation
- Also coconut oil has anti-yeast characteristics which is a great option for sensitive skin
- Coconut moisturizes the skin and skin will begin to feel revitalized and dewy. Within the couple of weeks of use some other benefits like less noticeable wrinkles and luminous lashes will kick in.
Follow these simple steps to see the magic happen. Scoop a less than a teaspoon size of coconut oil, liquify the coconut oil by rubbing it between your fingers. Then, gently spread the oil all over the face, massage the oil in circular motion to remove makeup from the face. Once the makeup is sufficiently melted away, rinse the face with warm water, pat dry and Voila !
Jojoba oil comes from cold pressing jojoba seeds, a wild hazel tree. Jojoba oil easily gets absorbed in the skin without leaving a greasy feeling. Using first pressed, unrefined jojoba oil on your skin is very essential especially the delicate skin around the eyes.
Jojoba oil is an excellent skin regulator which nourishes and heals the skin. In fact, Jojoba oil is such an amazing makeup remover that the Blue Man Group uses it to remove their performance makeup. If you need more reasons lets talk about some other benefits
- Jojoba oil is non-comedogenic which means it won't clog or block the pores of the skin. Also it is antibacterial and antifungal
- Jojoba oil restores suppleness and prevents dryness
- The alpha, delta and gamma tocopherols found in jojoba are all forms of Vitamin E, which eliminate free radicals from the skin.
Olive oil has a high content of oleic acid- unsaturated fatty acid which makes it very beneficial for any skin. Olive oil we recommend using 100% organic, non-GMO, cold-pressed, and unrefined extra-virgin olive oil.
Olive oil can be a blessing for those with dry skin, as a natural makeup remover it wont leave the skin dry afterward. If this is not enough for you to switch here are some more benefits of olive oil:
- Olive oil acts as a powerful antioxidant for skin which helps remove free radicals
- Olive oil is very rich in squalene, an oil that is similar to our natural skin oil, a.k.a sebum which is very hydrating, and also high in antioxidants which helps skin fight environmental damage
- Olive oil is packed with A, E, D and K vitamins which can protect the skin and makes it smoother
- Olive oil also has antibacterial and anti-aging abilities which prevents symptoms of premature aging.
NOTE: To see a noticeable difference in your skin , try it for 3-4x a week. It does take some time getting used to and will definitely purge the skin of blackheads, and all other impurities. Make your skin Beautiful!
Leave a comment